...is an artists' cooperative and Company Limited by Guarantee (no. 07854771) founded in 2011 by Mouthful and psychotherapist Angie Power, consisting of artists, researchers, teachers, managers, practitioners working together through research-informed practice in the Arts, Education and related fields.
The four singers in Mouthful are its current directors, and membership is by invitation.
- Fellowship of Hill and Wind and Sunshine - a practice-based research project into group singing, both outdoors and in virtual reality;
- Making Sense of Group Singing - research pilot using Sensemaker(R) 'distributed ethnography' software to explore the phenomenon of group singing;
- Phoenix Voices - scratch choir for Festival of Thrift in Teesside 2016-18
Our Aims and Objectives
- To promote personal, social, organisational and global harmony;
- To bring about a social reality where every citizen has the opportunity to lead a creative and fulfilling life;
- Create outstanding opportunities for a broad public to experience the power of vocal harmony, through performance and participation in group singing;
- Promote group singing as an activity which fosters individual wellbeing, social cohesion, trust and mutuality;
- Devise and implement effective research methods to contribute to a deeper understanding of the power of group singing.
Services we provide:
- vocal performance;
- workshops in group singing and creativity;
- vocal arrangement services;
- recording services;
- research & academic services;
- teaching and lecturing;
- large-scale singing projects;
- CPD for singers and vocal leaders.